After weeks of freaky trailers sneaking into our TV viewing, Ouija comes out in theaters this weekend. So all of us at DIA got to thinking… if we could call back one celebrity from the dead who would it be? More importantly, what would we drink with them? Here are a few of our answers:read more
5 Reasons To Drink This Weekend / October 24, 2014 / No Comments.
We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
- Clay Aiken for Congress: The former American Idol star is running for congress in the second congressional district of North Carolina. We want to raise a glass to this “Measure of a Man”—hopefully the entrepreneurial entertainer can make it through the heated race.
- Lauren Conrad gets a haircut: The queen of The Hills chopped off her beautiful long locks that we’ve all looked at in envy. We might need to mull over her new hair-do with a cocktail or two.
- Pasta Please: Count down to World Pasta Day this Saturday for a carb-loading celebration—as if we needed another reason to drink wine.
- MLS says “see ya”: The regular season for Major League Soccer comes to an end this Sunday. If you’re planning to watch, we suggest sitting on your couch, relaxing, and (most definitely) drinking.
- Nor’easter is over: After being bombarded with terrible weather this past week, many parts of the country are finally seeing the light. Celebrate by cracking open a few brews and soaking in some newfound sunlight.
Recipes and bars, or trends in drinking, if it's interesting, entertaining or too weird to ignore, our two cents about it is here.
- Loading ...
A few weeks ago, approximately 60 bartenders from all over the world assembled in Cape Town, South Africa for the 2014 World Cocktail Championship. Hosted by the International Bartenders’ Association (IBA), the annual competition falls across 6 main cocktail categories: Before Dinner, Fancy, Sparkling, Long Drink, After Dinner and Flairtending, with winners of each individual round going through to the Super Final.read more
This cocktail is the perfect combination of spooky and sweet for your never-ending parade of Halloween parties. The Black Heart is sure to put everybody under its spell… especially if they have a thing for vodka. So treat yourself to a night of dark drinks and even darker thoughts.read more
The time has come folks. We’ve gathered our courage all week long for another installment of American Horror Story: Freak Show. And now that we’re pretty familiar with the cast and the plot, we’ve decided to take our viewing experience to the next level. And by next level, we mean let’s get drunk.read more
Hockey season is here. Another reason to crack one open as you sink further into your couch for the winter months. But what if there were a way to pay homage to your toothless heroes without that boring old 30-rack by your side? Here are a few hockey-themed drinks that we promise will make you extra rowdy when the puck drops:read more
The cold fronts are coming in, which means you have plenty of time to get crafty and we suggest doing it with alcohol. As you probably know, after a number of good nights, a collection of bottles begins to grow. Whether you recycle, display along the tops of your cabinets, or keep ‘em where you left ‘em, we have a better idea for you: upcycle your booze bottles.read more
Calling all whisky collectors and connoisseurs: the 2014 edition of the Johnnie Walker & Sons Private Collection is here and is making a big splash in the Scotch whisky world. The new ultra-deluxe whisky, which comes in a classic dark blue glass decanter and is bottled at 46.8 % abv, is the beginning of a limited run assortment that will now be released every year. The idea behind the compilation is for people to build their own Scotch whisky collections year by year with batches that feature the superior artistry and “innovative spirit” behind the Johnnie Walker brand.read more
Brandied fruit is a delectable treat that’s a relatively easy process to make, not to mention it can be enjoyed at any time of the year. Letting fruit soak in alcohol is not only a perfect way to preserve your extra harvest at the end of the season, but also an ideal way to prepare for any occasion involving breakfast food or dessert (like a delicious fruit tart). Since today is National Brandied Fruit Day, we want to add a DIA-twist and show you how well brandied fruit can be combined with a variety of cocktails.read more