New York has a remarkable collection of historic cocktail bars. We get it if you’re a pub-crawl type of person or if you usually prefer to stay at home with a glass of wine and Netflix, but these bars and their diverse cocktails are definitely worth trying.read more
Spirits / September 26, 2016 / No Comments.
We love September. Football is back, the summer heat has begun to fade and Bourbon Heritage Month is in full swing. The month of celebrated was made official in 2007 by way of Congressional decree, and we have been honoring the uniquely American spirit ever since. September is wrapping up and we only have a few more days to celebrate, so here are some fun facts about our favorite export from the Bluegrass state:read more
Recipes and bars, or trends in drinking, if it's interesting, entertaining or too weird to ignore, our two cents about it is here.
- Loading ...
So E! has come out with yet another spin off from the KUWTK series… Welcoming Rob and Chyna to their Sunday night schedule. Wash away your Sunday Scaries with a little drinking game to go along with the newest trashy reality TV show.read more
We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
- iOS iMessage features: We can finally sleep at night. Gone are the nights up thinking about how gifs didn’t come easy, our online significant other might never know our handwriting, and the stress about the size of those damn emojis. A small flame just didn’t get the point across, you know?!
- PUMPKIN EVERYTHING: Phew, we made it. Finally back to the time of year where the only answer to anything is “Pumpkin.” Can I get you anything to drink? “Pumpkin.” How much did those new Nikes cost? “Pumpkin.”
- Brangelina: Get the tissues out. What went wrong here? Is moving on from this even possible? Answer #1: We’re not sure, but it is definitely reason enough to drink tonight. Answer #2: Keep reading.
- Jennifer Aniston: Answer #2: It’s possible. This is a double fisting scenario… one glass to mourn Brangelina, one to celebrate Jen Aniston. Let’s all join together now with Jen to say, “told ya so!”
- Stranger Things: If you haven’t watched it yet you should immediately put down what you are doing. At the Emmy Awards on Sunday the kids from Stranger Things performed Uptown Funk and there is something quite entertaining about it. Not in a normal way. More like ‘seeing your professor in public’ type of way. Regardless, could be a semi-confusing but mildly funny pregame song?
Let the antics begin.read more
Every beer you’ve ever had was either a lager or ale. That’s right, Pilsners and Bocks are part of the lager family, and your favorite stout is technically an ale. With dozens of subcategories, these two styles encompass the entire world of beer and we’re here to tell you what makes them different so next time you want to order that fancy beer with the long German name, you might know what to expect.read more
Do you ever find yourself bored with your go-to booze? When you’ve grown tired of that mundane drink order, we’ll be here to talk you through what’s new and noteworthy this week…read more
Want to enjoy your brunch in a glass? This delicious maple syrup cocktail is sweetened with maple syrup and garnished with waffles and bacon bits- no element of your beloved Sunday brunch will be left out…read more
Getting drunk is fun, but sometimes you are too lazy or too poor or too cold to make an effort. We get it. But do not despair, because we have just what you need- hacks to making getting drunk easier! It doesn’t matter if you are a lightweight or heavyweight, if you’ve had a long week or if you’re in a hurry- these ideas will make your drinking life better.read more
Scotland’s own Strathearn Distillery recently released “the world’s first” honeyberry gin. Made from Angus-grown honeyberries, the new spirit boasts a juniper-led berry flavor and a light magenta hue. Unlike most flavored liquors, Honeyberry Gin maintains a 40% ABV without sacrificing its berry profile.read more
Feeling all the feels of summer’s end right now BUT there is a saving grace: Apple Pie. Better yet, Apple Pie flavored booze. We’re trading in our watermelon, berries, and tangy vodka for a fall favorite. Why eat your dessert when you could drink it, right?read more